Learn about the Candidacy Factors for All-on-4® Dental Implants
Patients missing most or all of their upper or lower teeth may wonder if All-on-4® implants are the best treatment for them. This advanced tooth-replacement system involves surgically implanting titanium posts into the jawbone and attaching dentures the following visit. During an in-depth consultation, your candidacy for All-on-4® can be determined by our knowledgeable doctors in Bountiful, UT, Murray, UT, Lehi, UT, and Layton, UT. This streamlined approach to dental implants is appealing to many patients who desire a more convenient method of placing dental implants.
Qualifying Oral Conditions
Typically, there are two types of patients that make suitable candidates for All-on-4®:
- Patients missing all of the teeth in a dental arch (the upper or lower set of teeth), or
- Patients who have some of their teeth, combined with reduced functionality and pain.
All-on-4® is an effective low-maintenance option for patients in that they will not have to undergo continuous, costly procedures to correct their severely damaged or lost teeth. Instead, they can have the work completed in a few visits.
Our doctors have helped many patients with successful implant procedures and can help you determine if All-on-4® is the best choice for you.
Another appealing advantage of the All-on-4® system is that patients who have been told they lack sufficient jawbone density for traditional dental implants are often suitable All-on-4® candidates since this technique requires less bone density for implant placement.
Determining Your Candidacy
Our dentists are committed to determining which procedure will provide maximum benefit for our patients. To find out if All-on-4®, or another procedure, is the best choice for you, your doctor will meet with you for a consultation. During this appointment, your doctor will review your medical and dental history, as well as your 2D and 3D x-ray images to check the viability of your teeth and gums for implant placement. We can also provide examples in a slideshow format and will encourage patients to ask questions to ensure they fully understand the details of the procedure.
Our Patient Results
Benefits of Dental Implants
The All-on-4® technique offers a host of advantages over traditional dental implant placement. It is often the right procedure for patients looking for four key components:
- Aesthetics: All-on-4® is right for patients who have severely damaged or missing teeth and want a complete, natural-looking smile.
- Longevity: Your high-quality prosthetic will be reinforced with titanium, allowing for decades of functionality.
- Comfort: An All-on-4® retained denture is completely stable, allowing for a lifelike feel that is comfortable.
- Functionality: All-on-4® is a good option for patients who want their artificial teeth to work just as their original teeth did. Increased oral functionality has the added benefit of making you more likely to smile and laugh since you will not have to worry that your teeth will move. Additionally, the ability to chew will improve, likely improving overall nutritional intake.
Schedule Your Consultation
If you are ready to restore your oral function and aesthetics, contact our office today to schedule an All-on-4® consultation. Our All-on-4 experts have provided many patients with successful implant procedures done completely in-office and can help you determine if All-on-4 is the best choice for you. **All-on-4 are trademarks of the Nobel Biocare group.