How Digital Dentistry Speeds Up YOUR Treatment!
Stubbs Dental Implant Center has been making big strides towards improving our patient experience, and making the All-on-X process as fast and simple as possible, without compromising on our commitment to quality and superior service. Through our updated digital process patients can now receive their final All-on-X zirconia prosthetic in as little as 12 weeks. In today’s blog post, we’ll cover our old process, our new process, and the differences between them that are sure to elevate your experience!
The Analog Process:
The original All-on-X process was up to 13 appointments and could take upwards of 8 months or more from initial consultation to final surgery day. Before receiving your temporary prosthetic 5 - 6 appointments would be necessary. These appointments would consist of:
(1) The initial consultation.
(2) Photos, paper consent forms, and impressions day (involving goopy teeth molds.)
(3) Wax Bite Rim to determine the most stable configuration for the prosthetic.
(4) / (5) 2 general evaluations to ensure everything is aligned properly and ready for surgery day.
(6) Surgery Day, the transition bridge is fitted.
After this surgery day there would likely be 6-7 more appointments until the final All-on-X prosthetic would be delivered These would consist of:
(7) A next-day post-op to ensure everything is looking good and healing properly.
(8) A 7-week post-op to check in once again.
(9) A 5-month post-op final check-in before beginning finals.
(10) Analog impressions again, drating a wax try-in mold and potentially spending a day without your temporary teeth.
(11) Trying out the wax mold, may take multiple appointments due to inaccuracies in analog dentistry.
(12) A final cleaning and delivery of the zirconia prosthetic.
The New Digital Process:
With our new digital process treatment can be completed in ~7 appointments and take as little as 12 weeks. This is possible due to the superior accuracy and speed of digital dentistry, which produces fewer imperfections and allows for the few that slip past to be addressed much faster. The process consists of:
(1) A consultation AND free smile design, which allows you to see what your future smile could look like and make changes to fit your personal preferences.
(2) Photos, electronic consent forms, and a digital scan/examination. These digital scans can be completed much faster than traditional analog impressions and allow us to show our patients what our doctors are seeing in real-time.
(3) Surgery Day: Abutments are placed and you are sent home to relax and heal for 24 hours before coming in the following day to have the transition prosthetic placed.
(4) Delivery of the transition bridge. We have found that allowing a day between surgery and placement allows us to deliver information more effectively, allows the patient time to heal and feel better, and lets them truly appreciate their new smile with a clear mind.
(5) 8-week post-op scans to prepare the final zirconia appliance.
(6) ~10-week post-op wax try-in, to ensure the prosthetic fits perfectly and looks exactly like what the patient desires.
(7) Cleaning & delivery of the final zirconia All-on-X Prosthetic
With our new digital process, we have considerably shortened treatment time, reduced the chance for imperfections, and overall provided a much more enjoyable and smooth experience for our patients! If you are interested in receiving your All-on-X prosthetic from Utah’s number-one dental implant provider please give us a call or schedule online!